During our trip to Massanutten, we were able to stay in a time share for the weekend. This is a different one than the other ones we'd previously been in. It had a wonderful cabin feel, with big vaulted ceilings, a stone fireplace, and this wonderful room that I imagine would be the perfect spot after snowboarding. The bathtub was huge. I could've fit three of me in there and still had room. I suppose I always just thought "if you take a bath, you have to wash and everything" like when you're little. Turns out, you don't. Who knew?! I think if I were to have a big bathtub I'd have liked baths a lot sooner. It also made me wish I had some bath bombs from Lush, which would've been wonderful. I ended up taking a bath for a good long while each night while we were there. Obviously, this is the only picture I have, because why would I have pictures of me in a bath? That would be weird. Maybe when we get around to building a house, I can get a big tub to soak in... That would be lovely.
Checked another item off my 42 Before 26 list
! (see more here
Labels: 42 before 26
Thank you to everyone congratulating us on our new addition
! I did a basic edit on some of the puppy photos and will put together a post of them tonight or tomorrow. Speaking of putting things together...I need to do a May background download. Whoopsies! I've been so busy with figuring out puppy supplies, speech therapy, appointments about houses, and who knows what else! I forgot and honestly, I wasn't really inspired by anything. But I think I figured something out now. So we'll see.
1. I love this dress. I bought it over a year ago. I love fit & flare/ skater dresses on me. I think they're flattering considering my linear build. I also like longer sleeves. And it's super comfy. I just wish it had pockets...
2. Hot pink? Still love it. I always will. I've painted so many rooms pink it's ridiculous. (So excited to have a house sometime so I can paint again!)
3. Turquoise and glitter shoes. My favorite. I don't generally wear heels in the winter because I'm already worried about slipping, so I don't want to make my chances worse. But now that it's spring, bring on the heels!
4. Sheer tights that make my legs look pretty and keep them warmer when it's slightly chilly are the best.
5. While taking pictures, I got honked at twice and given the thumbs up by some dude in a truck. I stupidly gave him a thumbs up right back. Then I realized that it was practically a cat-call, and then I felt awkward. "...well, that just happened."
6. Do you know what makes me happy? That all of these things I'm wearing are a few years old, and I still get super excited when I pull them out. I'm happy that my style is getting more and more consistent these last few years. I went through sooo many phases trying to figure out things I like to wear. Some are just so silly to me now, *ahem* denim jacket with gigantic peace sign crewel embroidery *ahem*, but I think it was important for me to experiment. Experiments are good. And knowing who you are (and what you like) is even better. And consistency is the very best.
Tank (not shown): Forever 21
Tights: Pretty Polly
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Belt: Forever 21
Necklace: J. Crew
Labels: dress, outfit, spring, what i wore
While my parents were in town the latter part of March, my dad, Steven, and I went to a gun range. My dad and Steven taught me gun safety, as well as a person at the range. (They're all qualified, don't worry.) We rented guns, but brought our own targets. I had a 22mm. I admit, I was nervous to actually shoot a gun. I had been out a bunch of times with my dad, the Boy Scouts, and other men from my church growing up when they were shooting. So I wasn't going in blindly. But I had always turned down the opportunity to shoot. I ended up shooting 8 targets. I hit a few bulls eyes and by the end I wasn't all over the place. I think it was worth it to learn. I know so many people are anti gun but, to me, it was worth it. And that's all that matters.
I changed one of my side linky dinks on the left to "42 before 26" so it makes it easier to follow along or visit my goals. So yep. I only have a few right now, but I'm excited about some more coming up. ^_^
Labels: 42 before 26, gun